A delicious yogurt cake with blueberry sauce is the easiest and quickest dessert that you can prepare in your kitchen. It will take you around 7 minutes to prepare it plus around 40 to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the yogurt cake:
- 1 cup (250 grams) regular yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups (225 grams) flour
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (155 grams) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- powdered sugar
For the blueberry sauce (optional):
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
To make the yogurt cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease an 8-inch cake pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, lightly whisk eggs (around 20 seconds) add oil, yogurt, and sugar.
- Mix for 1 minute until smooth, then apply flour and baking powder; beat until well combined (around another minute).
- Spread into greased cake pan; place in the oven and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow cooling. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar if you want.
To make the blueberry sauce (optional):
- In a medium pot combine together berries, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, and water.
- Heat and bring to a boil then lower your heat and simmer until desired thickness.
- Remove, pour into a bowl, allow to cool completely then pour over the yogurt cake. Slice and serve.