These bird of paradise cupcakes with buttercream frosting are so cute and delicious! The best baking experience in my kitchen! They smell so nice while cooking…like you are passing by Magnolia Bakery in New York City. Rich and refreshing treat, ideal homemade dessert choice for spring and summer. Plus, easy and simple to prepare! Here are the instructions:
Servings 12 standard-size cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
For the frosting:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 12-muffin baking cups. Set aside.
- Zest the limes and then juice them; leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed beat together the melted butter and honey until creamy; mix in eggs, lime zest, and lime juice until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, beating until you get a smooth and fluffy batter.
- Divide batter into the mini-muffin tin lined with cups, filling around 2/3 of each cup.
- Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. (The cupcakes won’t brown unless they are over-baked.)
- Let the cupcakes to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, at high speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lime juice, and honey until creamy and smooth.
- Apply cream cheese mixture into the cream mixture and beat briefly to incorporate.
- Pipe on cupcakes trying to create bird figure (see image). Sprinkle some lime zest to each cupcake. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Serve.