This caramel chocolate chip cheesecake looks so good and tastes even better! It is rich, chocolatey, and creamy – simply loveable! Surprise your family and friends with this delicious, beautiful cheesecake. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 300 grams (2 ½ cups) chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- (70 grams) 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
For the chocolate chip filling:
- 680 grams (24 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 230 grams (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 170 grams (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the caramel sauce:
- 55 grams (4 tablespoons) salted butter
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325°F/ 163°C/ Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Press evenly up the sides and into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Place in the oven and bake t for 10 minutes. Leave aside to cool.
- Then, cover the outsides of the baking dish with aluminum foil so the water from the water bath can’t get in. Set prepared pan aside.
To make the cheesecake filling and topping:
- Reduce the oven to 300°F (148°C). Next, in a mixing bowl, on low speed, combine the cream cheese, flour, and sugars until well incorporated.
- Place the sour cream and vanilla, whipping on low speed until well mixed. Then, add the eggs one at a time, whipping gradually.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Apply the cheesecake filling into crust, and use a spatula to spread into a nice layer.
- Put the covered springform pan inside another bigger pan. Then, fill the bigger pan with warm water to go near halfway up the sides of the springform pan. (the water should not touch the edges of the aluminum foil). Bake for 70 minutes.
- Next, turn off heat and let cheesecake in it with the door closed for 20 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven. Set aside and let it chill until set, around 5 to 6 hours (or preferably overnight).
To make the caramel sauce and assembly:
- In a medium saucepan, mix all ingredients. Heat on medium-low just until sugar is dissolved, then turn to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stirring occasionally, let it boil for 3 minutes then remove and immediately apply into a heat-proof glass bowl.
- Leave the sauce cool for 10 minutes or so, then apply over the top of the cake, spreading evenly.
- Finally, top the cheesecake with some extra chocolate chips. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. The caramel chocolate chip cheesecake is best when well covered for 4 days.