These cute chocolate Oreo cupcakes with peppermint frosting are so yummy! Frosted with creamy Oreo and peppermint buttercream and decorated with your favorite cookies they are ideal party dessert. Easy and fast to prepare – it will take you around 10 minutes to prepare them plus around 18 to cook. Here is the recipe:
Servings 24 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 9 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed Cool Mint Oreos (3-4 cookies)
For the buttercream frosting:
- 15 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon. fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- A few drops organic green food color (if desired)
- 3 finely crushed Cool Mint Oreo cookies
- 24 whole Cool Mint Oreos, for garnish (optional)
To make the cupcakes:
- Frist, preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Then, use cupcake wrappers to line 2 muffin tins. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together for 3 to 4 minutes or just until light and fluffy. Gradually apply eggs one at a time until mixed. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture; beat until well combined. Pour the milk and mix thoroughly; scraping bowl as needed. Put in crushed Oreos and combine.
- Spread batter into prepared pans (filling about 2/3 full).
- Place in the oven and bake for 17-18 minutes or just until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the pans to cool completely on a wire rack. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
To make the buttercream frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, on high speed, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk, salt, and a few drops of organic green food color (if desired) until light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Add crushed Oreos until just combined.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip pipe onto cupcakes. To decorate, garnish with mint Oreos (optional). Serve.