This chocolate and berry clafoutis is so simple, quick, and delicious. Spring and summer are the perfect seasons for preparing this dessert where you can find fresh berries, though you can always buy frozen ones and make this amazing French dessert throughout the whole year.
A cup of coffee or tea and a piece of clafoutis…mmmm the perfect match! You will need just a few minutes to make it and approximately 15 minutes to bake. Here is the recipe:
- 250 grams (1/2 lb) berries of your choice (I used frozen cherries for this one)
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk, warmed
- 1 ¼ cup (100 grams) flour
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup (100 grams) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- A knob (20 grams) of butter
- Icing sugar (to garnish, optional)
- Cocoa powder (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a blender/ food processor, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar. Then, pour in the warm milk and add the eggs. Mix until well incorporated.
- Rinse the berries. Butter a baking pan and sprinkle the berries on it. Then, pour the batter. Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Before servings, sprinkle icing sugar or cocoa powder – slice and serve.