This easy espresso royale cake is so rich, so creamy, and really delicious! If you are an espresso coffee lover – just like my husband is – then this icebox cake will easily become one of your top recipes. A piece of espresso cake and a cup of espresso ristretto – the perfect match! Here is the recipe:
- 14 ounces (1 can) condensed milk, cold
- 14 graham crackers, around 3-inch in lengths
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water and cooled
- Cocoa powder
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Line a 9 by 6 by 2 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave around 1-in. the overhang on the sides.
- In a bowl, mix liquid coffee, condensed milk, and heavy cream. Using an electric mixer at low speed, whisk the mix until it reaches firm peaks.
- Next, arrange 1 layer of graham crackers in the baking dish (break pieces as needed in order to fit the sides). Apply ⅓ of the cream mix on crackers. Spread evenly.
- Then, arrange another layer of crackers over the cream. Apply and spread ⅓ of the cream mix. Repeat the procedure until you spend all the graham crackers and cream mixture.
- Finally, cover with plastic film and place in the fridge overnight. Before serving, freeze for around one hour. Remove and lift cake from the dish with parchment paper overhang as support and apply onto a serving
- Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of cake (if desired). Slice and serve.