Chocolate sauce is always a good idea! It goes ideally with almost every dessert and even coffee. I prefer it with vanilla ice cream and over pancakes. Rich, creamy, and very delicious! After many experiments, here is my best chocolate sauce recipe:
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 65 ml heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or honey)
- Knob of butter
- a pinch of salt
- In a small, heavy-based pan, apply the chocolate and cream and heat over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until you get a nice, well melted and smooth mixture. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Next, add in the syrup/honey, then a pinch of salt and butter and combine with a spoon or spatula until well incorporated. Serve warm immediately, or keep on a room temperature and eat it like that.