When you remove the water from the milk you get condensed milk – that would be the easiest way to explain what is condensed milk. You can use condensed milk for preparing numerous sweets and desserts. There are a few recipes for making condensed milk, but this is probably the simplest way of making condensed milk. There are only 3 ingredients. Here is the recipe:
Servings 300 ml
- 1 Liter whole, cow’s milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- In a medium saucepan, pour the milk and bring it to boil.
- Then apply sugar to it and stir continuously. After 10 minutes, the milk will slowly start to thicken.
- When the milk is semi thick, reduce the heat to medium-low and apply baking soda; continue stirring.
- Cook until the mixture reaches desired consistency (around 15 minutes). Remember, do not overcook or else the milk will be get hard.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down at room temperature.
- Your homemade condensed milk is ready to be used!
Note: You can store the homemade condensed milk in the fridge and keep it for about 25-30 days.