These mini dream pecan pies are so cute and delicious! Simple and easy to prepare,! You will need just 10 minutes to prepare them and 20 minutes to cook. Your family and friends would love them! Here is the recipe:
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 1 cup Muscovado sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecan halves
- 16 pecan halves
- Heat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Unroll 1 crust on work surface from 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (softened as stated on the box).
- Using 3” round cutter, cut eight rounds and apply (skipping every other one) on outsides of cups of the upturned nonstick mini cupcake pan. Then, repeat the process with 2nd crust.
- Place in the oven and bake around 8 minutes or just until golden. Remove from the oven allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove the shells to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups water, 1 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Heat over medium heat and allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Next, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, salted butter, and chopped pecan halves. Cool 10 minutes.
- Then, fill every shell with cooled mixture and top each with a pecan half (or a whole pecan – if desired). You can also decorate with chocolate frosting or half a teaspoon of Nutella (optional).
- You can serve immediately, or place in the fridge and serve within three days.