The combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel is so perfect! Many people are considering these 3 ingredients as typical American dessert combination, however, this peanut butter chocolate caramel mousse pie is having very special and unique flavor. It will take you around 20 minutes to prepare the dessert plus 10 minutes to cook. Try it:
For the crust:
- 22 Oreos (regular-stuffed, filling intact)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
For the peanut butter cream:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel sauce
- melted peanut butter
- melted semisweet chocolate
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Use a cooking spray to spray a 9-in. pie dish. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place the Oreos and process until finely ground. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the Oreo and butter mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant and set. Allow cooling completely on a rack. While cooling, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a microwaveable safe dish, break the chocolate into pieces and microwave for 30 seconds on high, stirring between intervals, until smooth and melted. Allow cooling.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, apply the heavy cream and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually apply the caramel and continue beating on medium speed, until moderate-stiff peaks form. Slowly pour the cooled melted chocolate and beat until incorporated.
- Spread into cookie crust; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (while making the topping).
To make the topping:
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until thickened. Apply the sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, and whisk on high until soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped peanut butter cream over the mousse layer. Refrigerate the dessert all over again this time at least 5-6 hours (preferably overnight) before serving.
- Right before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce, melted peanut butter, and/or melted chocolate (if desired). Slice and serve.