This chocolate zucchini bread with choco-honey glaze is so rich, decadent, and delicious! It always reminds me of my favorite chocolate cake from my childhood. It is very easy to prepare and quick – you will need around 15 minutes to make it plus 45-50 to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate zucchini bread:
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (slightly cooled)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
For the choco-honey glaze:
- 100 grams/3.5 oz. dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
To make the chocolate zucchini bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 9×5-in. loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; leave aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the cocoa, flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, apply the eggs, vegetable oil, melted butter, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until smooth (you may have some little brown sugar clumps but that’s fine).
- Add the dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients mixture (do not overmix). Apply the shredded zucchini and stir until just incorporated. Add in chocolate chips and combine with a fork or spatula.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bakr for about 50, or until a tester inserted into the middle of the bread comes out mostly clean (it is ok to have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick – you just do not want very gooey batter).
- Remove and set on a wire rack to cool down for 15 minutes. Then, run a knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Allow cool on wire rack until slightly warm. In the meantime, prepare the choco-honey glaze.
To make the choco-honey glaze:
- In a small saucepan, apply 2 tablespoons heavy cream, chocolate, and honey. Heat on medium-low heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and you get a nice, smooth mixture (around 2 minutes, remove before it starts to boil).
- Pour over the bread. Sprinkle a handful of crushed hazelnuts over the glaze to garnish, if desired. Allow setting for a few minutes before serving.
- Cut into slices and serve.