This cake is a creamy semi-cold chocolate hazelnut dessert. Ideal if you are a fan of the popular Italian ice cream known as gelato. Smooth, creamy, chocolatey treat will melt in your mouth! Simple, quick and easy – you got to try it! Here are the instructions:
- 1 store-bought or homemade graham cracker crust (or thin layer of chocolate sponge cake)
For the filling:
- 250 grams heavy whipping cream cream
- 15 grams of icing sugar
- 100 g condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams of milk chocolate (melted)
- 50 grams toasted hazelnuts, grounded in a food processor or blender
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or a handful of chopped hazelnuts
- Apply the graham cracker crust/or chocolate sponge cake layer on a round dish. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, put the icing sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk until it reaches stiff peaks. Then, add the condensed milk and the egg yolk. Mix well again.
- Next, bring about 1-inch of water to a simmer in a pan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Allow the chocolate to melt in the bowl, and don’t forget to stir occasionally until it’s completely melted. Then, remove from the heat. While still warm, add to the whipping cream mixture. Blend once again until you get a nice chocolate mixture. To finish, add the grounded hazelnuts and mix shortly just to incorporate.
- With the help of a spatula, stir gently, so that the cream does not disassemble.
- Pour the cream on the graham cracker base and place in the fridge for 6-7 hours – ideally overnight so the cake can set. This cake is served immediately from the fridge. It will be creamy and smooth (similar to Italian gelato).
- Before serving, decorate with cocoa powder or chopped hazelnut (if desired). Slice and serve.