Thick, creamy, deeply chocolatey and truly delicious, this fudgy chocolate cheesecake is so good-looking and yummy! An ideal treat for every chocolate lover! It has a mousse consistency and it is still firm, so it can be frosted easily. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups (170 grams) ground walnuts
- 1 ½ cups (185 grams) graham crackers, blended into fine crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 9 (100 grams) tablespoons melted butter
For the filling:
- 16 ounces’ (450 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (215 grams) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (230 grams) dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ cup freshly brewed cocoa
- 1 cup (250 grams) sour cream
For the glaze:
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) heavy cream
- 3 ounces’ (85 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas Mark 2. Butter the bottom and sides of a springform pan (9-inch).
- After blending the graham crackers into fine crumbs, combine them with the grounded walnuts, powdered sugar, and melted butter; stir until well incorporated.
- Press into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan. Refrigerate to set for 10 minutes.
To make the filling:
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk brown sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Apply the eggs, one at a time, mixing for 20 seconds after each addition.
- Apply melted dark chocolate and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Pour cocoa and beat until incorporated. Finally, add sour cream and beat until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Next, fill a baking pan ½ way full with water and put on bottom oven’s rack. Bake on the middle rack for 60 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 275°F/140°C/Gas Mark 1, and bake 60 minutes longer.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 250°F/130°C/Gas Mark ½, and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in for 25 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature. Then, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours (ideally overnight) to set.
To make the glaze:
- In a saucepan, heat semisweet chocolate, heavy cream, and sugar until melted and smooth; stir frequently.
- Spread glaze over top of cheesecake and using a spatula smooth the cake.
- Chill for 1 hour to firm the glaze. Garnish with whipped topping (if desired).Slice and serve.