There is nothing more delicious than a homemade bourbon pumpkin butter on a piece of bread on a cold autumn evening. Watching your favorite show or movie and enjoying a nice cup of tea with a slice of butter with bourbon pumpkin butter. You will need around 7 minutes to prepare it plus 15 to cook. Quick and easy, here is the recipe:
Servings around 5 cups
- 29-ounce (1 can) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup (100 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) pure apple juice or apple cider (no sugar added)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon freshly grated whole nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large heatproof safe bowl, combine all ingredients except the lemon juice. Next, cover with a loose covering which is microwavable safe like a paper towel or sheet of wax paper.
- Cook on high power for exactly 6 minutes; then remove and stir. Using oven mitts, carefully remove hot bowl from microwave. Put it back in the microwave and cook an extra 6 minutes and stir all over again. Put it back again in the microwave and cook for an extra 3 minutes; stir.
- To finish, pour in lemon juice and combine. Cool entirely. Cover airtight, store in the refrigerator.