So rich, so soft and very delicious, this moist banana Christmas cake is a total hit this holiday season! Easy and simple to prepare, this dessert is an ideal holiday treat that will warm your heart. Try the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 lb./450 grams’ ripe bananas
- 9 oz./255-gram self-rising flour
- 20 oz./285 grams’ caster sugar
- 4 oz./115 grams’ butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 4 oz./ 96 grams (1 package) instant banana pudding (I used Jell-O)
- fondant icing, gold sequins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. In a bowl, mash the bananas.
- In another bowl, apply the caster sugar, eggs, and butter/margarine. Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat for one minute. Place flour and baking soda; mix all over again.
- Spread into two round cake tins lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes on the middle
- Once cooked allow 5 minutes to cool before transferring to wire rack to cool entirely.
- When cooled, prepare instant banana pudding according to the package instructions, then add a nice layer (use the whole pudding) to one half and place together with the other half.
- To garnish, use a store-bought or homemade fondant and decorate with Christmas figures and gold sequins (see image).
Enjoy! Merry Christmas!