Tasty, creamy, and festive! That’s how I would describe this delicious chocolate dessert. Despite the popular incredible desserts for Cinco de Mayo such as warm, crispy churros and sweet Mexican chocolate pots de crème, there are many other amazing desserts that are prepared for this colorful Mexican holiday like these hot chocolate pudding cakes. Here is the recipe:
- 1 stick butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1-ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To decorate (optional):
- Powdered sugar, to dust
- Frozen berries
- Small churros, whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Using a baking spray, spray 4 custard cups and apply on a baking sheet.
- Add the butter, semisweet chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt in a microwave on high until smooth and melted, around 1 minute. Beat in the sugar until well combined. Whisk in 2 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks, then apply the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour. Split the batter among the custard cups.
- Place in the oven and bake until the centers are soft but the sides are firm around 13 minutes. Let them stand one minute, next invert on individual plates while still warm and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- Decorate with frozen berries, a few small churros, a whipped topping ball, and/or a mint leaf (if desired). Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.