Super moist, rich, and extra chocolatey! This extra virgin olive oil and chocolate pound cake is the real deal when you’re craving sugar! An easy and simple dessert that you can make in just half an hour. An ideal dessert for the whole family with just a few ingredients. Here is the recipe:
For the pound cake:
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups cold water
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1/2 cup high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the ganache (optional):
- 6 ounces’ heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 ounces’ dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Using a cooking spray, spray lightly a standard pound cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the vanilla extract, vinegar, olive oil, and water.
- Pour wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the pound cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow cooling.
- In the meantime, prepare the ganache. In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream and corn syrup. Bring to a simmer and place the chocolate pieces. Stir until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat and pour the vanilla. Spread the ganache over the cake evenly. Slice and serve.